Web Search

Custom Search

Search Results

Sunday, May 26, 2019

It's A Me, Johnny-o!

What is this place? Who am I?

Gamer Dad's have to go to extreme measures to get our games in some times!

Well gather around kiddos and I'll explain.

My name is John and I live in the South Jersey/Philadelphia area and I play a lot of games. This blog is primarily going to be about table top and miniatures games, but I figure I'd like the freedom to post about whatever kind of games I want and I do tend to play a lot of video games as well.

The primary miniatures game I intend to talk about is Warmachine and Hordes (WMHD), made by Privateer Press.

I've played the game since near it's release in MK1, I believe around 2005 and it is what I spend what little free time I have playing when I can get out of the house.

The secondary miniatures game I play is Guild Ball (GB), made by Steamforged Games.  I'm not as into this as WMHD, but it definitely keeps my interest.  I've played just the tiniest bit of Season 1, and have played off and on since then.

I've recently started playing more and more board games lately, so perhaps there will be posts about that too.

About Me



I'm just your average gamer, I have done only moderately well at best in my local meta in various games over the years, but I don't mind doing casual games as well.  I am generally not going to take utter trash in a game, but you won't find me playing optimal things against new players.

I'm also a Gamer Dad (tm) with a 5 year old and a 3 month old, so I get far less gaming time than I'd like.  Luckily my wife also games, but she doesn't really play table top miniature games. This blog is here to give me an outlet for what gaming I'm able to do.

I picked the name Goomba Gamer because I like the character in the Mario games, plus I'm an American with an Italian heritage and so can technically call myself a goomba.

I kinda look like this, only with more facial hair




No comments: